Dear Families of Eastside Pediatrics,
As our patient, your child’s heath and well-being is our top priority. We wanted to take this opportunity to update you on COVID-19, what you can expect from us, and what we need from you in order to help reduce exposure and spread of this virus along with other viral and bacterial infections that continue to circulate throughout our area. We are closely monitoring this situation and are staying up-to-date throughout the day through communications with the CDC, DHEC, and Prisma Health System.
What we know right now is that this virus causes fever with cold and flu-like symptoms and seems to be less severe, even mild, in otherwise healthy children. Adults, especially the elderly, and any person with a compromised immune system are experiencing more severe symptoms. COVID-19 is spread the same way the majority of other colds and flu are spread, through respiratory droplets through coughing and sneezing. The same infectious control measures that we take for other infectious diseases at home and in our office, we are taking for COVID-19. In addition to that we have taken a few extra steps in our office.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Screening all callers for fever and travel before they arrive at our office.
- We have designated one exam room per doctor for well patients only. As we try to ensure clean well rooms, we ask that sick siblings or family members do not accompany well visits. Please make a separate sick appointment at a different time for any sick patients.
- We will disinfect all exam rooms in between patients and restrooms and waiting rooms periodically throughout the day (which has always been part of our infection control protocol).
- We will remove books at this time. Please feel free to bring your own reading materials.
- We are providing soap in every exam room and restrooms for hand-washing.
- We are providing hand sanitizer in waiting rooms and throughout the office.
- We are staying up-to-date on CDC guidelines and implementing changes as they develop.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Please notify us prior to coming in if you or your child has fever and one of the following:
- travel outside of the US
- close contact of anyone who has traveled outside the US
- close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is under investigation
As we are not able to test patients at this time for COVID-19, if you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you go to prismahealth.org to have a virtual visit in order for them to determine if you will need COVID-19 testing.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- No eating in rooms.
- Wash hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds throughout the day and after sneezing, coughing, or blowing nose.
- Use hand sanitizer with alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently used items and surfaces at home.
- Stay home as much as possible during this time. Please do not plan playdates, parties or other social gatherings at this point. Avoid visiting friends or family who are elderly or may have compromised immune systems.
- Do not visit anyone that you know is sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- If you are in public, the CDC recommends distancing yourself by 6 feet from those around you if possible.
- Limit travel.
- Find one reliable online source that you can reference. We recommend the CDC.gov
We know that this situation may seem scary, and although we are concerned, we are not panicked. We will keep you updated as we know more. Have a good school break and enjoy time spent with your children! As always, thank you for trusting us to care for your family.
Dr. Few, Dr. Mages, Dr. Phillips, Dr. Randol, Dr. Schultz
Take a Look Around.
Make Yourself at Home.
Mon-Fri: 7am-12pm / 1pm-4:30pm
Any inclement weather closings will be posted on WYFF 4, WSPA 7, and on our facebook page.
4501 Old Spartanburg Rd # 9
Taylors, SC 29687
© Eastside Pediatrics 2019